Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Owen Christopher Marshall Bray

Our sweet little Owen was born on August 24th at 1:20 PM. He weighed 7 lbs., 5 oz., and was 20 inches long. Labor was short and sweet. I was induced 4 days after my due date and labored for about 5 and half hours. Chris and I studied the Bradley method of Natural Childbirth for months before Owen was born and I am very pleased to report that I was able to labor and deliver with no pain medication! It was awesome...I wish I could go back and relive that day. I am actually now considering becoming a Bradley Method teacher for couples interested in having a Natural Childbirth experience utilizing this method. Owen is such a sweet baby and a GOOD baby! He hardly ever cries, only during the occasional diaper change or when he wakes up hungry! He has already established somewhat of a sleep pattern for himself at night, usually waking around 1 and again at 4 to eat. Jack is loving being a big brother, he just adores Owen. I am working hard to make sure he knows he is still loved as much always and hopefully soon will be able to spend some time together just the two of us! Chris is settling into new Daddy-hood like a pro. It is so sweet to watch him with his newborn son, they just stare at each other and Owen even smiles at him! I am doing great, had a super easy recovery (thanks again to the NCB) and feel better than I have in months! I was a little worried before Owen was born that I would have a hard time loving him as much as I love Jack (I just didn't think that was possible!), but amazingly, it seems God has just doubled the amount of love I have to give and I cannot imagine my life without Owen now. He is such a blessing. I feel so honored to have the privelage of raising two sweet boys who will one day be great men! They are amazing!

Owen's final hours in the belly!
And his first moments in the world!



He has the most perfect little toes! :)
His Daddy loves him so much!


So does his big brother Jack!

No comments: